Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yesterday I made a darshan to my costly GYM after avoiding it for many days. My friend felt so guilty of not visiting this holy place after spending tons of money on it.

FYI: the expenditure for going to the gym does not stop with the monthly payment, new dresses (being a girl it is more expensive), new shoes, new accessories, etc etc etc.

So after 15 mins of rigorous running, we decided to do a program call 'Body sculpt'. So our trainer, made us to do sit-ups until we started sweating worse than pigs, suddenly I remembered my childhood days.
My parents used to put some coins in front of the god as an offering, but me and my sister considering ourselves as god, take those generously without the knowledge of our parents in other words 'stealing' to buy the cheap but tasty delicacies that are sold along the road. My mother soon realizing that god cannot take all these pennies did an investigation and caught us one day on the scene of the crime. And the punishment was doing sit-ups, and the number of times depends on the intensity of the crime.
I came back to reality and thought, hmmm those days, we had a free physical trainer, but we were reluctant to do; now I have a physical trainer for whom I pay, and to whom I have to request to kill us with these sit-ups. A tiny smile cracked in my lips and I did more sit-ups, not for the trainer or to sculpt my body, but for my beloved mother.

Ananthi Sankaran

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    :D
    A New Beginning said...
    Good one!

Post a Comment